Tuesday, July 26, 2011

FRAUD

Credit Card Fraud Sucks!!!
Thankfully it was only $400 and thankfully we have enough money in savings to cover it until we get refunded, but it sucks. And it takes up to 10 days for everything to process and people to get back to you with the final result. Easy to get the credit card cancelled, but now I have no check card and actually have to go to the bank if I want to get money out of my account for the next few days. Easier said than done some days.

It happened through my Amazon.com account. Apparently there is a Amazon Payments site that is just like Paypal. Someone used my account info to create a new account and purchased $400 worth of e-gold for an online game! Actually they tried for more but only the first two went through, another one failed, and a fourth attempt on my fraudulant account was for a card that isn't even mine! Such hassle.

This is what they call job security in my line of work. Some people are so stupid! in 7-10 business days hopefully this will all be worked out. Amazon Payments sent me emails indicating that they have deemed the activity fraudulant and that someone had set up a new account with my payment info. They of course don't know how it happened, but have closed my account. 

Wonder what this means for a pre-order book that's due to be released the end of August. I suppose I have to call them to find out since I can't access any of my previous order information.

So all I can recommend at this time is to remove any credit card/payment info you have stored on Amazon.com or any other site to prevent this from happening. So much for convienience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Safe Winter Jacket Use in Carseats

To keep our babies safe, use the thinnest jacket possible under the carseat straps or zip the jacket over the straps. Check out Car-Seat.Org for more info.