Saturday, January 5, 2013

1 year later - Progress!

I've made it through my first year in becoming healthier and taking back control of my body. Over all I am satisfied with how far I have come. Obviously I wish I had lost more weight, however, slow but sure is working for me. The website and app I am using is My Fitness Pal (MFP).

Here's what I have done in the last year.
 
12/2011 Highest Weight:              244.4#
01/05/2012 Started MFP:            240.4#
05/31/2012 (6 months in):           211.4#
01/04/2013 (1 yr in):                  206.4#
Total Lost:                                      38#
Total Inches Lost = 15.00 inches (at least)
Neck                     -.25
Waist                    -4.00
Hips                      -6.00
started measuring on 06/04/2012:
Thighs                  -0.75 each
Calf(s)                  -0.75 each
Biceps                  -0.5 each
Forearms             -0.5 & -.25 Left & Right respectively (I'm right handed)
 
I intend to get more serious about losing weight now that the holidays are over. I just need to focus hard and eat better. (Even though I ate horribly tonight!) :) I feel good with how far I've come. I would like to lose at least another 30# before summer since we intend to get pregnant again. But at least 10# would be great since I would be smaller than my first pregnancy.

Over the last year, I have discovered yoga, and I LOVE IT! I am stronger than I thought, and I really enjoy lifting classes (even though I haven't been to one since August). Yoga is what I am focusing on right now.

I love the studio I found. The instructor is really good about challenging us to go farther than we have before. She calls her classes Strong Yoga. Arm balances, headstands, handstands, back bends, in time all possible. She just has a way of getting us to try these crazy poses and realize that it all is possible, even when it's not perfect. I love it! Usually leave sweaty, content, and my muscles "zingy". I really have seen a difference in my arms in just the last 3 months or so. They haven't gotten much smaller, but they are firmer and more defined (for me). Less chicken wing wiggle.

If I would workout at home in the mornings and classes at night, I would see more progress. Sadly I'm not as motivated as I would like to be when it comes to working out on my own.

So anyway that's where I'm at right now. I love you guys for staying with me on this journey. You all have made progress in your own ways and it is inspiring to me to see it. I may not say it often, but know I am thinking it.

Here's to another year and more progress. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Safe Winter Jacket Use in Carseats

To keep our babies safe, use the thinnest jacket possible under the carseat straps or zip the jacket over the straps. Check out Car-Seat.Org for more info.