Monday, September 10, 2012

My Baby Is Growing Up!!!

Today was my baby E's first day of preschool. Okay, so she's definitely not a baby anymore, 4 years 9 months old already. But she is my baby currently. I can't believe how much she has grown up already. After being in a daycare center her whole life she was more than ready to attend preschool. Daycare does the transports to and from the school. I was strong and let them do their thing without me being there. I got my picture in the morning at home. I didn't want to disrupt her day more than it aleady was. I knew she would cling to me if I was there. With daycare, she is independent and carefree.

The description I got from daycare was that E was like a puppy on expresso. She couldn't contain herself. There will be 2 other little girls and a boy that will ride with her from daycare three times a week. Today there were only her and the boy. They were both super duper excited. All I can think is thank God it's not even a mile from the daycare to the school, because the noise and activity is overwhelming.

When daycare picked her up after preschool, she was super tired. She didn't get a nap today like she's used to. She was good though and behaved all day at daycare and preschool. The teacher said she had a great first day and worked really hard at writing her name.

On the way home, E was obviously tired. She was ordering and demanding, the way she gets when she's tired. She fells asleep about 10 minutes into our ride home. If she wasn't harnessed in her carseat she would have completely fallen over. I drove around and let her sleep for about half an hour. She woke up on her own and was much calmer and happier.

Overall we survived our first day of a new phase of her life. She really is truly growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Safe Winter Jacket Use in Carseats

To keep our babies safe, use the thinnest jacket possible under the carseat straps or zip the jacket over the straps. Check out Car-Seat.Org for more info.