Thursday, September 3, 2009

21 months...

Where does the time go...?

It has been 21 months since my little girl joined our family... 27 1/2 hours of labor, c-section, 5 days in the hospital. E was 6# 12oz, 19.5 inches long. She is my little angel. It amazes me how fast they grow up. She is walking, running, talking (trying to), enjoys certain cartoons, specifically her current favorite is Blues Clues, then Dora, Tigger and Pooh, and Little Einsteins. She like reading books (being read to) and jamming to music. Since watching Blues Clues the last week or so, she has started talking more and actually interacting with the TV a bit more, pointing things out that she sees.


I know she is learning so much a daycare. I ask her certain body parts and she knows them. She now shows me her teeth when I ask in a strange little half smile. But she knows what I want. Crazy! She has graduated from infant/toddler flatware to adult utensils. She gets a salad fork and a regular spoon. She refuses anything else. She also does really well with an open cup. She also knows how to use a straw, must have learned it at daycare. She still gets a sippy cup most of the time at home, but she is such a big girl. Mom and Dad just need to be willing to let her grow up, as we are the ones who tend to hold her back. I just can't beleive how much she has grown and changed this summer alone. Soon she will be two! What will we do then...?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Safe Winter Jacket Use in Carseats

To keep our babies safe, use the thinnest jacket possible under the carseat straps or zip the jacket over the straps. Check out Car-Seat.Org for more info.