Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Frustrations...

Why are women/mothers expected to be Super Woman and never allowed to get sick? Why when we do get sick we are still expected/required to take care of the household as well as any children? Why if we are sick it is the end of the world and nobody can function without us? Thank God I am not currently sick. Tired yes, but sick no.


It all started with Hubby having a headache and not feeling well all day Sunday. I told him to take something for it. He says its not a migraine and took some ibuprofin (or something) for it. He pretty much layed around the house or in bed all day long while I entertained (or tried to) E and prepared meals. The next morning I ask him how he's doing. He says "It's a migraine." AAARRRGGGHHHHH! Really?! So he is off work all day Sunday and now Monday as well.

To top it all off J gets sent home from school Monday with a headache (possible flu symptoms). Apprarently she had coughed herself to a headache. She is stuffy and just not feeling well. All fine and dandy. She barely touches supper (I think E ate more than she did). Then this morning she wakes us up because her headache is back/worse and she feels sick to her stomach. Hubby gives her one of his migraine meds and sends her back to bed.

Hubby wonders if he should take her in to be checked out for the flu or no. Calls me asking me what I think. I tell him it is up to him. He doesn't like that answer. I tell him it probably doesn't help that she has hardly ate or drank anything since last night. I know how it feels when you are dehydrated, your throat hurts, you get a headache, and don't feel like eating so then you feel sick becuase you haven't had anything to eat or drink in several hours. He gets mad at me cause I keep pushing her to drink water, telling me that water is not a cure all. (E drinks more than her in a day!) He hangs up on me. J wakes up later feeling better and gets something to eat.

Just irritates me to no end that he wants my advice but doesn't like the answers I have to give. J doesn't drink enough liquids and barely eats enough to get by, much less stay healthy and be able to be competitive for cross country. Hubby doesn't back me up at all and wonders why I get so ticked about what she does or doesn't eat/drink. She downs a large glass of liquid (usually milk) at the beginning of her meal and then barely eats any of her food because she is full. Too bad. I can drink a whole glass of liquid and still have room for all my food. She is then hungry an hour later looking for something to eat, usually junk food. Everybody's mad that I never buy anything good. Mainly because nobody needs it in this house.

So now both of them are laying around the house all day (Hubby has cleaned the kitchen though -Yay!). Hubby waiting for a call to go to work. J has nothing to do because she of course wasn't able to get any of her homework before she left the school on Monday. So now she will have two days of school work to catch up on along with any new work. Hubby will be out of town for work so it will be up to me to make sure she gets it all done. Great. Just what I wanted to do this week...

So frustrating....

Sorry you had to read this but nobody else really understands or wants to listen to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Safe Winter Jacket Use in Carseats

To keep our babies safe, use the thinnest jacket possible under the carseat straps or zip the jacket over the straps. Check out Car-Seat.Org for more info.