Sunday, October 4, 2009

Weekend...

How was your weekend? Mine was pretty uneventful. Went uptown on Saturday and did a little winter clothes shopping for E. I managed to find two very nice winter jackets for her at a local thrift store. One even has an inner liner that will be a great fall jacket. Trying to find hats, gloves, and boots was a bit tougher. Went to the mall for that. I kinda have a mismatched assortment of clothing but at least she will be warm.
Its so hard to figure out exactly how many things to get. I know I want another pair of gloves at least, just in case one set gets wet or dirty and is in the wash. Hubby thinks I am crazy for even having two coats, but again the same thing applies. All her main winter items I have gotten secondhand so they in total do not even cost the same as buying one set brand new. Oh well. As long as she is warm, that's all that matters. Now I have to make sure I have enough clothing and winter stuff for me. Everyone else is set, but of course I always make sure everyone else has what they need before I put my foot down and say my turn.

E has been full of herself this weekend. Naps were difficult (she has mastered the 10 minute power nap!). Today was a better day thus far for her. She took a late afternoon nap (about 2 1/2 hours!) so I managed to get a few things done around the house. Had to wake her up so she would be able to get to sleep at a decent hour tonight and won't be up half the night.

I just can't believe how much she is changing and growing. She is talking more and more everyday. New words and sounds. I don't know if I mentioned it before but she is eating with adult utensils now. She refuses to use baby spoons and forks. She wants to be just like everyone else. Sometimes if we cut her food up too small she will refuse to eat it, because she would rather eat what we have like we have it. We went out to Olive Garden yesterday while out and about for lunch and she did so well. She stayed occupied with coloring while we waited for our food. Then we all ate and when she was done she colored some more. Was a little loud, but in such a good mood we just had to laugh. We are truly blessed to have her this well behaved when we are out in public. Either we plan it all really well and keep her happy or she just is happy. I think it is the latter. She generally is a happy little girl so that helps tremendously.

It's hard to believe that she will be 2 in less than 2 months! Where has the time gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Safe Winter Jacket Use in Carseats

To keep our babies safe, use the thinnest jacket possible under the carseat straps or zip the jacket over the straps. Check out Car-Seat.Org for more info.