Saturday, October 10, 2009

Potty Training...

I am just going with the flow (no pun intended!). I don't want to rush E into potty training. At daycare she sees other kids use the potty so she got very interested in it. Since then she has requested to sit on the potty. We got her a little Baby Bjorn potty seat that she uses sometimes. Lately she has been requesting to use our big potty. She manages to balance up there very well. She can even hold a book while sitting there all by herself. Will have to get a pic at some point just for memories sake. Last night she did poop in the big potty. So proud of her.


We are still using cloth diapers at home and when out and about. We are using disposables at daycare. Still cuts our use of sposies in half. Saves a bunch of money that way. Eventually I will have to figure out when and what to use for training pants. I think we might end up with pullups for a while for daycare when the time comes. As far as home I am not sure what we will use. I want to stay with the reusable cloth option just to save money. But it is a toss up what to get because they all fit different for her. E is starting to get the chunky little thighs that run in our families, however she still has a tiny butt and waist. Makes it really hard to find training pants that will fit her well and still be easy on and easy off when she needs to pull them down. 

So anyway, we have some time yet. I am not going to push the issue, one because this is all new to me as well and I don't want to ruin any progress she makes by upsetting her. I also believe that she will pick it up very quickly when she decides she is ready to be a big girl. I have a feeling one day she will just tell me she doesn't want to use diapers anymore. It's happened to others so who knows what will happen here. Only time will tell...I love my little girl and am so proud of her and all the things she is learning as she grows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Safe Winter Jacket Use in Carseats

To keep our babies safe, use the thinnest jacket possible under the carseat straps or zip the jacket over the straps. Check out Car-Seat.Org for more info.