Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Thanksgiving....

With Thanksgiving coming up in, oh wait, it's NEXT WEEK! Where does the time go? Hubby is trying to get things ironed out for determining who will be at our house. Hard to do since my side of the family doesn't do well with giving much notice. Hopefully I will know by or during this weekend. Should be pretty drama free though, the way I like it.

With all the things that have happened this year around the world, it makes me reflect on the things I have to be thankful for. While I wish for so many things and want so much more (don't we all?) I realize that I (and my family) have things pretty good. We both have full time jobs and a roof over our heads. Things are tight, but definitely doable.

Off the top of my head here is a list of things I am thankful for:
  • That my husband and I survived being newlyweds while being deployed. I think of all those that are seperated by deployments or other reasons who do not get to see their families when they want to. Newlyweds or not, being seperated by war is so emotionally taxing on everyone.
  • That my husband is a good man, even though we disagree about many things, he doesn't abuse me or treat me bad. I just need to learn to be a little more diplomatic when it comes to doing things. He might not do them exactly they way I like them done, but they get done (eventually).
  • That I had an uneventful pregnancy that gave us our beautiful little girl (This one is a little past due, but I am thankful for her everyday). I am thankful that she is growing and developing, healthy and learning new things everyday. Hard to believe she is almost 2!
  • That we are all for the most part healthy and sound. No major medical issues to speak of. We have remained relatively healthy all year. Minor colds or strep throat but no flu or H1N1. And so far going into the holiday season we are still healthy. E is teething her last set of molars, which are making things a little interesting, but so far so good.
  • That we are able to be together as much as we can be. I still don't like the fact that Hubby is gone 4-5 days of the week for work, but what else can we do? In this economy we are thankful that we still have our jobs. If he wasn't working right now, financially we would be sunk.
So that's it off the top of my head, the first things that come to mind. What are you thankful for this holiday season? Let me know in the comments so we can all appreciate the things we do have. Even though we want more, there are always others out there who have less... Keeps it in perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Safe Winter Jacket Use in Carseats

To keep our babies safe, use the thinnest jacket possible under the carseat straps or zip the jacket over the straps. Check out Car-Seat.Org for more info.