Thursday, November 5, 2009

Trick or Treat!

Pebbles - Cave Girl

Well we survived Halloween. J hung out with her friend A all day. They did come with us to the mall, but had to leave right away because A had to be home. Weird. J ended up spending the night at A's house (without parents mind you, big trust factor there).

I had a haircut that afternoon. E was dressed up in her costume, because we planned for her to trick or treat around the mall. Never did that before, but turned out really well for us. It was indoors, it wasn't raining, it wasn't cold. Fairly comfortable.


I finished my haircut just as trick or treat was supposed to start so it wasn't terribly crowded yet. Hubby was there as well since he was occupying E while I was in the salon. All we had to do was walk around to any store that had a pumpkin sign in its window. Most places had greeters near the doors with big tubs of candy. We had the stroller with but I opted to take her out and let her walk with the wrist leash. I carried her some when we first started, but mostly we let her walk. It was slow going, but she did great. She even carried her own candy bag.
E had some practice the day before at daycare. They walked to the two connected neighboring business and around the classrooms at daycare. They told me she was one of the ones that got to walk as their stroller was full and she did carry her own candy bag there too. I'm so proud of my little girl. Daycare also told me that she was very good with her candy. When they gave her a piece, she would put it in her bag and not try to eat it or throw a fit about it.

So at the mall, I made her say thank you and bye at each store. She started out really really quiet and would only wave, but very quickly she caught on to the idea. Before I knew it she was saying "more" as we would turn to leave the store. Crazy little girl. Not even two, and she wants more! She's lucky she's cute!

She did get to eat a little bit of candy when we got home. I gave her a couple small pieces of a snickers bar and probably about a roll of smarties. Talk about a sugar kick. The most she usually gets is fruit snacks or gummy bears. I should have listened to the hubby who told me no more after 7pm. I think I stopped about 8pm. Bedtime was 9pm or so. I think it was about 9:30 that we took her into her room and she was still literally bouncing off the walls. She was so wired with suger you could have thought she was drunk. She was falling all over becuase she was spinning and bouncing and just being a boo-kie! Believe it or not, I did manage to get her to sleep with minimal issues (after we let her bounce herself tired on the twin mattress in her room)! I read her a couple/few books and was able to lay her down without any fussing. She did sleep all night! Gotta love it.
She is my crazy little girl and I would do anything to make her happy (within reason of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Safe Winter Jacket Use in Carseats

To keep our babies safe, use the thinnest jacket possible under the carseat straps or zip the jacket over the straps. Check out Car-Seat.Org for more info.