Monday, August 29, 2011

Garage Sale Success!

While I still have a bunch of little girls clothing and women's clothing left, ultimately the sale was a success. We made just over $1,000! Crazy!!!  I need to look into consigning the remaining clothing. I would like to have it gone.

I would have to say the absolute highlight of the weekend was when a Vietnam veteran came by and bought up any and all military gear/clothing we had. Absolutely loved him. I don't have to look at that stuff ever again, don't have to move it around or go through it again to determine what we are going to do with it - it's gone!!! It's bittersweet becuase the military was such a big part of our life for a time, but we are both out now and have no use for the clothing anymore and most of it didn't fit anymore either.

So again the sale was a success. I certainly do not plan to do this again anytime soon. Maybe in another 7 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Safe Winter Jacket Use in Carseats

To keep our babies safe, use the thinnest jacket possible under the carseat straps or zip the jacket over the straps. Check out Car-Seat.Org for more info.