Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Attitude...

I hate attitude…!

I know, I know, I am one of the worst ones for giving attitude, but that doesn’t mean I don’t hate it all the same. And why is it when kids/teens give you attitude all you want to do is wring their necks? Or when they don’t think you know what you are talking about and say “Well, how would you know?” I hate it. HATE IT! For once can’t they just listen, accept it as the truth (which it is), and just do what they are told? Why is that so hard? I don’t recall back talking like that to my parents when they told me something (like this). I know I did in other situations, but there are times when I knew my parents knew what they were talking about.


J wants to go out for cross-country this year. First time any sport. So we get her a good pair of running shoes almost 3 weeks ago now, and she still has barely broken them in. For someone who is so adamant that she wants to do this, she sure is being extremely lazy about it.

She knows practice starts next Monday at 8am. (See previous post about new schedules.) She was actually out of bed this morning at 7:30am after I called down to her as I was leaving the house for work.

She knows she only has a week to be able to run at least one mile straight. Can she do it? I have no idea. She has only gone out twice to run (before the new shoes), and I do believe they were pretty slow/short times as well.

I tell her to get out today and run (it's only 65 degrees out, beautiful weather), and all I get is attitude. She's watching a movie. She says she is going to wait for her friend to get home from volleyball practice to go run. It was already noon and volleyball practice started at 8am! Like her friend is going to want to run after volleyball practice! Even I know that. The main cardio strengthening technique coaches use is running – running laps, running sprints, running, running, running.

J has a major reality check coming. She does not realize how much work this is going to be for her. She doesn’t realize that this is going to cut into the free time she has to spend with friends. And since that is all she wants to do right now, sucks to be her. She will have practice after school, then supper, and homework time. IF there are meets, she won;t get home till late. Since it always seems to take her 2-3 hours to get her homework done (not including studying for tests) each night, she might not even see freinds some nights during the week. She has a major reality check coming, and I hope it hits her hard. It is the only way she is going to learn.

Hubby says she is not going to be allowed to quit even if she wants to. She is committing to it, and she has to follow through. I really hope HE can follow through with this thought. It seems he quite often has good intentions, but then something comes up, and he gives in. I truly hope he can hold out on this one. I hate being the only mean parent in this family. It’s nice when he shoulders that burden too…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Safe Winter Jacket Use in Carseats

To keep our babies safe, use the thinnest jacket possible under the carseat straps or zip the jacket over the straps. Check out Car-Seat.Org for more info.