Sunday, August 16, 2009

Intro to me and my life...Thanks for joining me here!

Why?
Why am I starting a blog? No idea.
Do I think people will read it? Probably not. Maybe. Who knows.
Am I funny and interesting? Not really. Sometimes I can be, depends on the situation.


I follow a few other blogs where I would love to meet the women who created them. I think I am creating this blog as an outlet for all the things that happen to me in my life. I do not have a lot of close friends so sometimes the anonymity of the Internet is where I feel the most comfortable venting/expressing my opinions/emotions. I think I have created this blog just so I can have a voice and a forum to express my opinions about my life. Not all will be pleasant, but hopefully some can be entertaining. I thank you for joining me on this ride. I know there will be ups and downs, and probably some loopy loops. Before I get started with more posts, I want to give you a little insight into me and my family.

Who I am?
I am a first time mom who works full time in county government as a records technician. I grew up in a small town in northwestern Minnesota and attending college in North Dakota. I graduated college in 2003 and got married in May 2004. I moved to central Minnesota in 2003 and have been here every since. I am very opinionated, but I try to keep an open mind about many things. I am learning as I go in this thing called life and motherhood.

My Family?

My husband of 5 years is a over the road truck driver. He is gone 5 days a week and home on the weekends. It is hard to have him gone so much, but I am thankful that he is able to be home as much as he is. I am also thankful that his daughter is old enough to help out around the house as well when he is gone. My husband is pretty good overall, but we could use some lessons in communication. We are both very stubborn, hard headed, and impatient. Makes for some very petty arguments.


My stepdaughter J is 13yo and going into 8th grade this coming school year. She is the typical teenager where she thinks the parents don't have a clue about life and what she is going through. While we try to protect her from a lot of hurts in life, we also have to let her have some freedom in order to experience that life is not all roses and honey. She is in a love/hate relationship with her"boyfriend" next door. That in itself makes it very scary for us during the summer months as she is home alone during the day. I am sure I will post more about her later.


My daughter E is 20mo and changing everyday. When I met my husband, one of the first things I told him was that if we were going to be together he had to be open to having another child, because I definitely wanted a child of my own at some point. It took us a few years, many things got in the way, but when I found out I was pregnant, it was one of the happiest days in my life. This little girl is what keeps me going and what I live for each day. I never thought I would love anyone/anything this much.

Anyway, thanks for reading this far. Where this blog will go, I have no idea. I cannot guarantee that you will agree with all my thoughts and opinions. I will try to stay away from the more controversial topics, mainly because I hate debates. I also hate politics, so unless I really understand something, I pretty much will not comment on it. That's just the way I am. I know I have some thoughts right now that I would like to get down "on paper" per se, but those will be another time... See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Safe Winter Jacket Use in Carseats

To keep our babies safe, use the thinnest jacket possible under the carseat straps or zip the jacket over the straps. Check out Car-Seat.Org for more info.